Today has been a landmark day for our little family; Ethan started Kindergarten! And it was, naturally, a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. If you can imagine, ME, running late because of 15 minute train on the first day of school. I was trying to keep my cool so Ethan wouldn't be upset, but that all changed when we were, LITERALLY, almost hit by a car pulling out of a parking space in the parking lot. I had Amelia in the stroller, school supplies in both hands, and Ethan and Lauren each had a side of the stroller. The car would NOT stop and I had to physically drag Lauren out of the way and superwoman the stroller to avoid being hit! I slammed my hand on the car and the woman was unappologetic and oblivious to what had almost happened! Anyway...we survived! Only a few tears on Mommys end! Ethan had a great day and he is excited for tomorrow!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
First Day of School
Today has been a landmark day for our little family; Ethan started Kindergarten! And it was, naturally, a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. If you can imagine, ME, running late because of 15 minute train on the first day of school. I was trying to keep my cool so Ethan wouldn't be upset, but that all changed when we were, LITERALLY, almost hit by a car pulling out of a parking space in the parking lot. I had Amelia in the stroller, school supplies in both hands, and Ethan and Lauren each had a side of the stroller. The car would NOT stop and I had to physically drag Lauren out of the way and superwoman the stroller to avoid being hit! I slammed my hand on the car and the woman was unappologetic and oblivious to what had almost happened! Anyway...we survived! Only a few tears on Mommys end! Ethan had a great day and he is excited for tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am so glad that he had a great 1st day. Mad to hear that you almost got ran over though. What is wrong with some people?
Grammy and Grampy are so grateful to see the photographs of your first day at school. We are so happy for you to begin your school learning journey. We know that Mom and Dad have been your first and best teachers. They have given you the most important values and principles of Heavenly Father and Jesus to take with you on your educational journey. You will be such a good example to your companions. We are so proud of you, Ethan! Love, Grammy and Gramps
Post a Comment