Friday, April 15, 2011

Racers Start Your Engines!!

So my child is old enough to be in Cub Scouts....how is this possible....first a baptism, then Scouting! Craziness...I'm seriously getting old! Anyway, with Cub Scouts comes the, da da da daaa...PINE WOOD DERBY! I am soooo not a car person...I've never been. Especially when the "car" starts as a block of wood. So creating the car was completely in Wally and Ethan's hands. They carved and sanded, painted and glued. And finally "The Blue Bolt" was ready for racing! There were about 15 boys and my child seriously got 1st place in his wolf den and 2nd place overall!!!!! How is this possible?? I can't even believe it!! My kid is awesome! I was so proud of him! Congratulaions EC!!

3 comments:

T-bit said...

Sweet!!! Picture please!!!

T-bit said...

Love the pics....they made a aracing license too cute!!! Cash loved looking at the pics of Ethan :)

Connie Boyd said...

The car is even better seeing it in person. Congratulations on a great design and completed project. Love, Grammy