Father's day is a day that I have always loved, but this year is going to be just a little different for me. The reason being is my Dad lives in Michigan, my father-in-law in Massachusetts, and my husband is out of town. I won't be seeing any of the "important" father's in mine and my kids lives today. I'm actually feeling a little sad about it. Especially about my husband being in Colorado. He is the Young Men Pres. at church and he is with the boy scouts on their high adventure for a whole week. My kids don't really understand that TODAY is the day set aside to honor fathers, but I truly enjoy pampering my husband. He is such a wonderful man and especially father to our kids. He brings them so much joy! Remember the song "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home?" well, that is sung in their little brains everyday when Wally walks in the door! As soon as the kids hear the keys opening the front door, they scream "Daddy!" with such delight and excitement, and run to greet him with hugs and kisses. It really is adorable! I love my Dad too! He is a great man with a very giving heart. I miss him. I only get to see him about twice a year and it's kinda hard sometimes. I guess today, for obvious reasons, is a little harder than most! Well, to all the Dads out there, I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Happy Father's Day!!
Father's day is a day that I have always loved, but this year is going to be just a little different for me. The reason being is my Dad lives in Michigan, my father-in-law in Massachusetts, and my husband is out of town. I won't be seeing any of the "important" father's in mine and my kids lives today. I'm actually feeling a little sad about it. Especially about my husband being in Colorado. He is the Young Men Pres. at church and he is with the boy scouts on their high adventure for a whole week. My kids don't really understand that TODAY is the day set aside to honor fathers, but I truly enjoy pampering my husband. He is such a wonderful man and especially father to our kids. He brings them so much joy! Remember the song "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home?" well, that is sung in their little brains everyday when Wally walks in the door! As soon as the kids hear the keys opening the front door, they scream "Daddy!" with such delight and excitement, and run to greet him with hugs and kisses. It really is adorable! I love my Dad too! He is a great man with a very giving heart. I miss him. I only get to see him about twice a year and it's kinda hard sometimes. I guess today, for obvious reasons, is a little harder than most! Well, to all the Dads out there, I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
sorry you aren't your normal peppy self today but I love you girl! Wally is a wonderful Daddy, it is so neat seeing him with the kids, you are a picture perfect family! I hope the week flys by fast for you!
I'm sure Wally is homesick today! I love watching him with your kids as well as everyone else's. He is one of the funnest daddy's I know. My kids adore him too! Maybe you can celebrate this day next Sunday! Love ya!
this blog is rediculously brillint- the most exciting one i know of! giant spiders, giant .. other things ... and can you believe wally did that transformer costume!! im sure da real rae-rae had a lot of involvement .. keep it up if you can i love it!!
Post a Comment