Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who would have thunk it?

This was colored by Lo and Mommy

EC proud of his Transformer

Even Amelia colored!

A rainbow for Mom colored by Lo

A message from Ethan!

So my sweet husband has returned from is LONG trip with the Boy Scouts, and all ready has left me to fend for myself. He is on a business trip to San Antonio, so it's just me and the kiddos once again. However, it really hasn't been too bad! Yes, these words are coming out of my mouth! I decided to forget about housework, and spend some quality time with my kids! This is uncharacteristic of me because Daddy is the one who always plays while I get 'er done! It will be very short lived because Wally returns Thursday night, but I'm ridin it while I can. Well, I have found that by simply leaving the dishes in the sink and coloring in new $1 coloring books, we have had so much fun! My kids were calm and really well behaved! We read stories and played hide and seek. Simple things, but they have made a huge difference for me. As always, I am so happy when Daddy comes home, but this time, I've actually enjoyed myself!

3 comments:

kristi said...

I can't believe that he is gone again. Sorry I am not there to hang out :(

ambyr said...

what a good mom you are....and what a good thing to do for your kids....maybe i'll foget about housework for a day!! We hardly get any quality time with our kids because of it!! go rach!

Karen said...

Love the pictures! Rach, you are soo good at staying in the lines. This was more than a day of coloring, it was a day with mom! You're the best!