Saturday, June 14, 2008

Itsy bitsy spider



Last night Ethan and Lauren had a birthday party at the Denton Water Park. We stayed pretty late and decided to head home around 9pm. It was dusk, but I had enough light to drive without lights. As we were approaching the main road, I noticed a large "bug" crossing. I slowed the mini van to get a better look. To my surprise, it wasn't just any old bug, it was a gi-normous tarantula with fur and all! I was freaking out and the kids were dying to get out of the car to check it out! Of course I had my camera handy and snapped this photo! Only in Texas...and I guess Brazil, because that was the last time I saw a live tarantula!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm just glad you didn't find poo from this creature in your yard. That is huge!